Friday, February 12, 2010

My brief encounter with Anuar Saari

Aku kenal Anuar Saari kerana aku tak kenal anuar Saari - pelik kan?

Actually it is like this. Anuar Saari wife and my wife were good friend. Both of them studied at Sekolah Tun Fatimah Johor Bahru. Well they were always in touch I guess through the Srikandi organization - Tun Fatimah Alumni association.

During the height of reformasi movement, and of course my wife was a damn strong supporter of PAS (read: Nik Aziz). Well, during one of our trip to Penang, she told me about the friend of her who the husband was a good friend of Anwar. Well, I did not care. I was for reformasi and not for "person". She called her friend and wanted to drop by, but they were not home.

Well few years back during the year of Ijok by-election, my wife told me about her friend who is Anuar Saari wife was sick - it was some kind of cancer in some part of the gland in the brain that control growth - as a result she kept growing ... and it caused a serious problem. She went for treatment and she was getting better.

So during the Ijok by-election, we dropped by at their house in Bandar Country Homes to say hello and that was the first time I met Anuar Saari in person.

After a few years I was told by my wife that, they moved to melaka, the place where the wife come from.. then we lost contact..

The thing that shocked me was that when i read in the newspaper about the very same Anuar Saari who betrayed Anwar and PKR! Afterthat I was not so very proud of the fact that I know this man... He is not the man that my wife told me - he was willing to lose lot's of thing for reformasi.... however I guess just like Ezam and the rest, they succumbed to the lure of money ...

I guess money is the biggest motivational factor for camp switching ... Like Hishamudin Rais said ... It is all about economy!... Economoney can break the spirit of the strongest reformist ....

No comments: